Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday 15th July 2005

Today, the song that I have had in my head had been the theme tune to "Casey Jones" - a children's programme from hundreds of years ago.

Walking through Birmingham City Centre this evening, thinking to myself I'm beginning to really hate this place. Everyone seems so self centred, rude and ignorant. In a few more years, there'll be nothing to keep me here apart from my Mum and having said that, I am not an only child. I want to be somewhere where people say hello, how are you and mean it. Somewhere where fireworks aren't being set off for no reason night after night. Where there's not the continual hum and smell of traffic. Where people actually care about their environment.
Yes, some of the people where I live do say hello and are very friendly, but they have been living here for years and are old. Soon the houses will all be let to students or converted into flats.
So, I've decided, when son's finished Uni and daughter's started, that's it - I'll be off. Not sure where yet, but at the moment I have a yearning to live by either a river or the sea.
And why typing that's made me feel weepy, heaven knows.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger primeministersquestiontime.com said...

I've a nice little cottage with a long garden lined up for ume in Gunny on the banks of the Tamar.
RG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home