Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday 16th June 2006

Today, the song that I have had in my head has been "Could it be magic" by Barry Manilow.

Got on the bus tonight coming home from work and just as I'd got myself comfy in my seat, with my book - "The secret life of bees" by Sue Monk Kidd (which I am loving by the way) - when I heard a strange noise. I looked 'round and the woman in the seat across the aisle from me was either sobbing or having an asthma attack. Now I'm the first to admit, I usually avoid situations that could be difficult and I'm sure lots do as well and I'm not proud of that, but I just couldn't ignore the noise. So leaving my shopping bags and book, I went over to the lady and asked if she was alright. She turned 'round and said "My Dad's just died". I was overwhelmed with that feeling of grief you get when you hear news of the death of someone you love, for a few seconds, knowing what she was going through. We talked until I had to get off the bus. Whether I helped or not, I don't know but I hope so and I'm thinking of her tonight. Two lovely ladies on the bus too - one passed over some tissues after hearing what we were talking about and another looked after my shopping. Restored my faith in human nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home