Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday 11th June 2006

Today, the song that I have in my head is "It's raining men" by The Weather Girls.

My son had a letter in the post the other day about his pension, telling him how much state pension he'd be entitled to. He's a 20 year old student so I don't think he's thinking of retiring just yet....or even be able to pay into a pension plan. Crazy.

Today, I was up early listening to the dawn chorus. The sun was just coming up, the air was fresh and the birds sounded just so full of joy. Wonderful. Although how they can stand having to get up so early every morning is beyond me.

For some reason I'm losing weight without trying. I haven't fitted into size 10 trousers for years and now I can wear them without them even feeling tight at the end of the day. I'm not complaining - being only 5' 2" it's very obvious as soon as I put on a couple of pounds - and at least I don't suffer quite so much from the heat as I did. Ho hum....looks like I'll be paying yet another visit to my G.P. if it carries on. We'll be on first name terms soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home