Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday September 6th 2006

Today, the song that I have had in my head has been "Hurts so good" by Millie Jackson.

Today, my Mum came 'round for lunch and to help with the new curtains I've got. I didn't realise she was going to bring 'round my Dad's log book from when he was in the RAF in World War 2. I didn't have time to read it all the way through but have had it confirmed it is true that people who have been involved in war don't speak about it much.
Apart from the fact it is fascinating, I can't deal with the fact my calm, logical, musical, intelligent, quiet father is the same person who's flown Dakota's and Wellingtons. Has been on low level bombing raids, has brought prisoners of war home - I did kind of know the prisoners bit but he always made light of it. Has been literally involved in a war! He's been to Singapore, Jerusalem, and other countries that have probably now changed their names.I wish I had more than a log book and nice large paperback of those who learned how to fly in Pensacola.

Another fact...she has the cigarette case that saved her Dad's life along with the bullet it stopped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home